|2011 Happy New Year!
The new year is off to a good start with a donation from Toll Gate High School's Student Activities Fund. Students donated $75.00 toward our nutrition programs.
We have so lucky to be the recipients of so much generosity and caring to pass on from you to our clients. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Webster Bank donated $1,000 to our Westbay Adult Academy GED Program.
Rotary Club of Warwick and Greenwood Church helped Westbay Marketplace supply 250 households with donations of either Christmas food baskets, turkeys, gift cards or side dishes and other holiday goods.
Toy drive-once again Hasbro donated a truckload of toys for Christmas.
Thanks so much to everyone who bought a 'Let Us Entertain You' raffle ticket for Westbay Adult Academy.Thank you to our sponsors
Providence Performing Arts Center * Providence Bruins* Centerville Bank* Revens-Gates Insurance
• Capital Grille
• Old Canteen
• Post Office Café
• Kon Asian Bistro
• Legal Seafood
• Remington House
• L’ Attitudes
• Newport Harbor Corporation
McCormick & Schmidt
Adopt-a-Family Sponsors 140 households were sponsored.
• Amy Hagen
• Brenda Dibiase
• Brian Dugas
• Claudia Jennings
• Community College of Rhode Island
• Diane Goins
• Donna Pichette
• Electronic Alarms
• Elizabeth Duran Vargas
• EMC Insurance
• Francis Greenwood School
• Frank Spinelli
• Health Wellness
• Holliman School
• Jackie LaMountain
• Jackie Smith
• Joan Robbins
• Joan Robbins
• Kent County Court House
• Kent County Hospital/ Staff Rehab Floor
• Kim Trupiano
• Mindy Gregson
• Money Management International, Warwick
• Mule Lighting
• Nancy Rush
• Peter O’Connell
• Providence Mutual
• Providence Mutual
• Sandra Leacy
• Sheryl Bulawka
• SIMPLFYRE YOGA
• South County Adventure Boot Camp
• St. Catherine’s Church
• United States Post Office-Providence
• United Way of Rhode Island
• Warwick Chamber of Commerce
• Warwick City Hall
• Warwick Fire Department-Engine 9
• Warwick Ice cream
• Warwick Public Library
• Washington Trust
• West Bay Orthopedic
• West Warwick Elks
Many thanks to Washington Trust for donating $1,000 to Westbay for the holidays.
Thanks so much to the Girl Scouts, students & faculty at Our Lady of Mercy School, East Greenwich, for donating 2500 diapers, 600 underclothing items, 900 pairs of socks and other items to Project Undercover through their Dress Down Day fundraiser.
• An update from Joe Sullivan (see June) is "my paperwork was accepted, and my board of review will be tentatively set for September 29th. After that, I'll have to set a date for the court of honor.....but that seems like a while away for me." Congrats on your success to this point and Good Luck!
• June 4 Boy Scout Joe Sullivan, an active member of Buttonwoods Troop 7, presented us with $2,000 worth of food for the pantry, that he raised by holding a dinner. This project was part of his Eagle Scout candidacy and everyone at Westbay wishes him luck.
• May 8 a large group of local Pepsi Bottling Company employees spent a day in the rain clearing old playground equipment, mulching, and providing picnic tables for the Westbay Children’s Shelter. Lowe’s donated a storage shed.
• May 22 CVS employees at the Providence Street store held a neighborhood event to celebrate the reopening of their store after the floods and donated $3,000 along with many gift cards and food items.
•May 27 The Frederick C. Tanner Memorial Fund approve our grant proposal for $1,000 to purchase undergarments and socks for the probationers participating in Westbay Probation Prgogram.
Many thanks to the employees of Liberty Mutual for their donations to households displaced by the floods.
Thank you to employees of John Hancock,Verizon and United Way for their ongoing contributions.
RSVP has a special thank you to the following businesses for supporting their programs.
Han Palace – Chinese Restaurant
Hope Veterinary Care, Inc.
Ocean State Center for Independent Living (OSCIL)
Roch Realty and Appraisal Company
Thomas and Walter Quinn Funeral Home
Many thanks to Rotary Club of Warwick for accepting our $1,500.00 grant application requesting funds to purchase chairs for our Children's Center.