The VITA program provides free basic tax preparation for qualifying households. Returns are prepared by trained and certified volunteers and filed using IRS e-file. Tax return preparation is available from late January until the end of tax season. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are not taking in-person appointments. Please call to schedule an appointment.
Read more about VITA on the IRS website.
VITA is currently open.
Free tax preparation is available for most households earning $56,000 or less.
What to Bring
- Photo ID for you and your spouse (e.g. driver’s license)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- All income statements (W-2s, 1098s, and 1099s)
- Information for all deductions and credits
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Bank account information for direct deposit of refund